888-800-1983 Se Habla Español

The Bickel Law Firm

Experienced Lemon Law Attorneys

Serving All of California

Ford Said to Bypass Dealers for Sales of New Hybrid Maverick

» Posted October 11, 2021Resources | Share This Post

Ford is looking to cut out the middleman when it comes to selling new hybrid Maverick trucks--sort of--in a move that is likely to make Ford dealers less than happy.

The company is expected to sell the closely watched new pickups by direct order only. Their online ordering platform is likely to see plenty of traffic: the Maverick is said to get 40 miles per gallon and come with a starting price tag under $20,000. 

Jalopnik’s Adam Ismail spotted a post on a Maverick message board in which a dealer in Iowa said online-ordered trucks will be shipped to dealers after they are ordered by individual buyers, but that lots will not get additional stock of the trucks for buyers who walk in. It appears, however, that dealers will be able to get their hands on Maverick Ecoboost trucks, which come with more horsepower, four-wheel drive, and a higher price tag.

The dealer also said 60 percent of Ford’s Maverick production will be Ecoboost trucks, with the remaining 40 percent standard Maverick hybrids.

Ford tells Maverick shoppers on the company’s online reservation portal that those who buy trucks through the online portal will still technically be buying them from a local dealer rather than the automaker.

“The purchase agreement will be between you and your Ford dealer, not you and Ford Motor Company,” Ford explained in a frequently asked questions section. 

So what is the company up to?

Taken one way, this could mean that Ford is expecting to sell more Ecoboosts,” Ismail writes for Jalopnik. “Taken another way, it could also mean that Ford’s strategy here has been to woo people into the dealer with the idea of a $20K, 40 MPG truck, then send them on their way with an Ecoboost Maverick reaching to the high-$20K range.”

California Car Buyers: Know Your Lemon Law Rights

Although the Maverick is sparking keen interest from pickup drivers across the country, Ford’s track record is not exactly stellar when it comes to putting vehicles on the road that are safe to drive.

The company, like other major auto manufacturers, recalls millions of vehicles around the globe each year because of defects that put everyone on the road at risk. Fortunately, many car owners in California do not have to wait for a recall to get their vehicles fixed.

The state’s lemon law requires carmakers to repair vehicles while they are under warranty and to buy back (or, sometimes, replace vehicles that it cannot or will not fix). 

If you are fighting with a manufacturer over defects and repairs, an Orange County lemon law attorney at Bickel Sannipoli APC can help. 

Our lawyers represent people in lemon law cases across the state. An Orange County lemon law attorney at our firm will work aggressively to protect your rights and hold the manufacturer accountable.

Our offices are conveniently located in San Diego, Los Angeles, and San Francisco. Call us at (888) 800-1983 or contact us online to speak with an Orange County lemon law attorney.

Hear What Our Clients Have To Say

"It took over a year but it got completed the way I had hoped from the beginning. These guys are professional keep you involved and educated throughout the entire process. They also maintain constant pressure on the manufacture. I could not of chosen a better firm to represent me. Thanks Bickel and more specifically Eric Young!"
Posted By: Kareem H